Pipe Cutter – Job Description
Mid Atlantic Fabrication LLC
- Pipe Cutter
- Shop Operations
- Shop (Fairmont, WV)
- Shop Manager
Purpose: The pipe cutter is responsible for all aspects of pipe cutting in the facility which includes oxy acetylene cutting, plasma cutting with our WATTS machine, or with various cutting saws, as well as maintaining these various cutting machines.
- Assembles and fits to drawing dimensions all kinds of structural, plate, and mechanical materials into all types of assemblies.
- Measures the joint(s) of pipe prior to starting cuts
- Ability to safely operate overhead cranes to lift and place carbon steel pipe onto pipe stands.
- Ability to utilize pipe cutting tools (hand torch, track torch, beveling machine) to cut carbon steel pipe to specifications
- Ability to utilize WATTS machine for plasma cutting
- Required to maintain proper attendance including reporting to work on time in accordance with applicable policies
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Receives instructions, prints, sketches, and work orders.
- Reads and interprets blueprints.
- Functions independently, or as part of a work crew on all projects and tasks
- Receives work orders and determines equipment, materials, tools and supplies required
- Directs and assists in handling and spreading of material, assembling material into required relationships according to detail drawings; handling and placing detail material in assembly, placing bolts, drift pins and other fastening devices in proper location.
- Maintains complete and accurate project documentation.
- Frequent Climbing (stairs, ladders, terrain)
- Frequent lifting (up to and including 50 pounds)
- Frequent bending, twisting and standing
- Exposure to working outdoors in all-weather conditions (hot, cold dust, dirt, noise, and fumes)
- Ability to stand, walk, sit throughout the shift as required
- Ability to work more than 40 hours in any given week is required
- At least two years of experience in a work related area
- Must be able to read a tape measurer
- Must be proficient with oxy acetylene cutting
- Knowledge of industry safety standards is required
- Ability to work independently and establish priorities is required
- 12 months of experience, trade training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry to adequately perform required tasks.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
Licenses or Certifications:
- OSHA 10 Certification Preferred
- Mid Atlantic Fabrication LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
- Ready to Apply? Complete the Form